1⅓ cups (330 ml) all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons (45 ml) cornstarch
¾ cup (190 ml) butter, softened
¾ cup (190 ml) sugar
1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
¼ cup (60 ml) halved macadamia nuts
1. Heat the oven to 375˚F (190˚C). Line baking sheets with parchment.
2. Whisk flour and cornstarch in a bowl.
3. Beat the butter and the sugar together until smooth, pale and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla.
4. Stir in the flour until evenly blended to a smooth paste. Turn on to a work surface and gently roll out to desired thickness. Cut into desired shapes. Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
5. Remove from fridge, place 3-4 macadamia nuts on each cookie and bake until lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside to cool on a wire rack.
6. Scoop a generous amount of your favourite ice cream between two cookies.
This original recipe first appeared in the Winter 2022/23 issue of City Style and Living Magazine.
Don’t Forget to Follow City Style and Living on Social Channels: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest