Light, crumbly and oh so delicious, these easy to make Mexican Wedding cookies look like small fluffy snowballs. You’ll find it hard to eat just one!
Makes 15-20 cookies
1 cup (250 ml) all-purpose flour
½ cup (120 ml) mixed walnuts and pecans, finely chopped
1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla extract
½ cup (120 ml) butter at room temperature
1 cup (250 ml) powdered sugar plus ½ cup to coat cookies
1. Preheat oven to 180 ºF (350 ºC). Mix butter until fluffy.
2. Add powdered sugar and vanilla until well mixed.
3. Mix in flour and nuts and form mixture into a dough. Chill for 30 minutes.
4. Take 1 tbsp of dough, and form into a ball. Bake cookies until golden, about 15 minutes. Cool.
5. Toss cookies in powdered sugar and serve.
This recipe first appeared in the Winter 2013/14 issue of City Style and Living Magazine.