Spring 2015 requires ripe and juicy colours. This season, the crisp sparkles of fresh fruit tones are contextualized with floral shades. Every light fill colour is delicately balanced against soft, matte finishes imparting a “bend” in textures.
8 Easy Steps
Spring 2015 is highly defined by bold and daring colour choices on the eyes. This season you can put away all the beige, brown and neutral eyeshadows. Opting for a bold colour does not mean over applying make up, however. The technique is very specific in order to create a sophisticated look. And it is very easy to make an error with such vibrant colours so be patient and remember it’s not a race to get to the finish line. Make up should be a pleasure to apply. The most dramatic expression of this new look is on the eyes.
1. Concealer Focus concealer both under the eye and under the brow blending carefully with the fingers to capture the most light.
2. Lashes Curl lashes to open the expression of the eyes.
3. Liner Apply dark liner above the lash line keeping the application tight and accurate. Smooth out the application by blending with the fingers to create softness.
4. Colour Overlay either bright eyeshadow or gel liner to the soft dark line you have just created. The two lines should create horizontal stripes that accent each other. Work the vivid colour from corner to corner keeping the line as accurate as possible.
5. Layer Up Be brave and apply a second layer of the vivid colour. This look requires bold application and now is not the time to be shy with colours.
6. Eyeliner Use a white eyeliner on the inside of the eye line to make the entire effect pop.
7. Mascara Add lots of mascara to the top lashes only to build the drama.
8. Brow Groom the brow without colour. Use an invisible groomer but do not add more make up to this area.
Department Store Concealer Yves Saint Laurent Beaute Touche Eclat Radiant Touch Luminizing Pen; Eyeshadow Lancome My French Palette (Turquoise Shade); Invisible Brow Groomer Marc Jacobs Brow Tamer.
Spa Concealer Daniel Thompson Beauty Absolute Light; Eyeshadow Daniel Thompson Beauty Celestial Shadow Cosmos #5; Invisible Brow Groomer Daniel Thompson Beauty Invisible Groomer.
Drugstore Concealer Revlon PhotoReady; Eyeshadow Lise Watier Palette Expression; Invisible Brow Groomer e.l.f. Wet Gloss Lash and Brow Gel.
This article first appeared in the Spring 2015 issue of City Style and Living.