In honour of Earth Day, in April we’re counting down the best food, fashion and travel eco-friendly ideas we’ve ever heard. City Style and Living Magazine (CSL) has gathered easy, proactive and affordable tips from some of our past issues (the CSL green ticker) so that you can stay green while travelling.
In the first part of our travel series we offered 11 great ideas for travelling sustainably, in the second part of our travel series we inspired you to think about planning a tree planting holiday, tackling energy use while abroad and how to save on emissions. In the final part of our series we’ll look at even more ways to stay sustainable while travelling. Here’s to actively making small changes that can add up big.
Sustainable Travel Part 3
1. Single-use cameras are a great option as most are recyclable.
2. Go green on your vacation – ask for a paperless bill for your hotel stay.
3. Avoid throwing plastic and garbage into the ocean when at a beach, on a boat or in the water as it harms sea life.
4. Inform yourself about your hotel’s recycling program
5. When leaving hotel room turn off lights.
6. Take a volunteer vacation – a reef or beach clean-up.
7. Take home used bars of hotel soap or bring your own toiletries
8. When leaving your hotel room turn off the air-conditioning and lights.
9. Visit a national park.
10. Do not touch coral when snorkeling.