The most important trend, for the holiday season, is glitter eyeshadow. This look is perfect for formal parties and is very pretty in its effect. It does take some time to apply and requires a little patience, but once done it amps up the overall look for the party season.
Here is what you will need:
- A really good concealer/highlighter – (Dan’s Suggestion: Daniel Thompson Beauty Absolute Light $62)
- A medium brown matte eyeshadow – (Dan’s Suggestion: Daniel Thompson Beauty Mineral Eyeshadow CME01 $24)
- A deep black matte eyeshdow – (Dan’s Suggestion: Daniel Thompson Beauty Mineral Eyeshadow CME19 $24)
- A black liquid eyeliner – (Dan’s Suggestion: Daniel Thompson Beauty The Liquid Liner #1 $42)
- Glitter adhesive – (Dan’s Suggestion: Urban Decay Bondage $20)
- Glitter – (Dan’s Suggestion: MAC Glitter Gold $26)
- Fantasy Lashes – (Dan’s Suggestion: Shu Uemura Fanstasy Lash Set $500)
This whole look will take upwards of 20 minutes to do well or longer if not experienced with false lashes. The perfect glitter eye shadow, however, is so intensely beautiful it is very much worth the effort.
- Prepare the entire area under the eye and the eyelid by evening out with the concealer highlighter
- Apply medium brown shadow across the crease creating a point at the outer corner of the eye
- Intensify the outer corner of the eye with black shadow cutting the darker colour into the crease – this creates an outline for applying the glitter
- Across the mobile lid apply a thin layer of makeup adhesive – do not apply too thick a layer as it will gum up and be difficult to work with
- Carefully layer the loose glitter on top of the adhesive. Pay attention to glitter falling under the eye. It is better to apply in small sections than try to apply all at once to the entire area.
- Define the eye with a cat eye style application of the liquid liner. Paying attention to the shape created with the black eye shadow
- Apply lashes to the finished effect for the fullest drama.
This original article initially appeared in the Winter 2015/16 issue of City Style and Living Magazine.