A bright radiant complexion is just one product away!
Whether you call it an illuminator, highlighter or shimmer, the purpose is, in a word, glow. While all of these products reflect light and enhance the contours of your face, the differences are subtle. Highlighters are designed to brighten and define specific areas of your face, illuminators can be added to your moisturizer to give an all-over glow, and shimmer usually contains more glitter and colour so you need less product. For the most natural look, apply makeup to areas of your face that normally catch the light: the center of forehead, under the brow, top of cheekbone, inner corner of eye, along the nose, cupid’s bow, center of chin. It will give you that Insta-glow.
Get the Look
1. Tash Cosmetics Shimmer stick, tashcosmetics.com
2. Vapour Beauty Halo Illuminator, vapourbeauty.com
3. Frank body Illuminator, frankbody.com
4. Pure Anada Ethereal Highlight, pureanada.ca
5. Au Naturale Cosmetics The All-Glowing Creme Highlighter, aunaturalecosmetics.com
This original beauty article first appeared in the Fall 2018 issue of City Style and Living Magazine.