From distressed to embellished, cropped to flare, CSL has our top picks for summer’s most iconic clothing item – jeans and what to wear with them!
Denim culottes are the look of the moment. Wear with sky high wedges or platforms (above).
1. GAP Linen blazer (A linen and cotton blend makes this blazer light and cool!), $88.00.
2. MIH Jeans The Kin stretch-denim culottes, $215.
3. TORY BURCH Ren smocked dress, $295.
4. MICHAEL KORS Channing Gold-Tone Acetate Watch, $275.
5. ALDO Aelalla, $85.
6. LANDS’ END Women’s Amalia Ankle Strap Sandals, $116.19.
7. CLARKS Jaelyn Fog Sandal, $130.
Crisp and chic, white jeans look oh so good with a tunic, blazer or sexy tank!
1. J BRAND High rise flare, $200
2. PAIGE Skyline ankle peg in optic white. Made with 8% Cotton, and 2% Spandex these babies are ultra stretchy and great for warm weather!$179
3. CITIZENS OF HUMANITY Avedon Ultra Skinny Jean,$357.654
The subtle wider base of these 1970s style jeans balance wide hips. Pair with heels or a wedge to get the ‘legs for days’ look. KORAL LOS ANGELES Flared jeans, $354.28
From the provocative ad campaign, you know that designer Alexander Wang wanted to make a statement with his denim debut. Launched in late 2014, Wang has introduced three cuts in three washes (with style nods to the early 1990s). DENIM X ALEXANDER WANG Wang 001 slim fit, $265
EMBELLISHED & DISTRESSED
Who doesn’t love a little rock and roll? This stretchy and ultra comfortable pair have zippers on the hip to add a touch of edge. PAIGE Edgemont Kensington, $219
Don’t think that distressed equals disheveled. Pair with a simple white silk button down with ankle strap chunky heels for an update to these shorts. FRAME DENIM distressed denim shorts $303.16
This article originally appeared in the Summer 2015 issue of City Style and Living Magazine.